View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 09:35 PM   #42
GWC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcurve
GWC: "Off topic?" This seemed like a wide ranging discussion. I didn't know there were specific rules. The lack of access to the top of RI touched a nerve and I responded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Gal
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]If the non-residents hadn’t abused our island, the public would still be allowed to visit. Perhaps you should befriend an islander?

RG: I wasn't singling you out. The comment wasn't intended to offend you and I apologize if you took it that way. It just makes my blood boil when I see these trusts acquire land and then greatly reduce or, as in this case, eliminate access to the public. I realize that vandalisim is an issue and that certainly is a problem that is difficult to deal with. It would be nice to have a small docking station where folks could tie up their boats and hike to the top of the island for what must be a spectacuar view.
Let's take a look at the original post...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal
Other than playing in and on the water, what do YOU do and where do you go, to entertain and amuse guests who visit about every 5 years or so, for a long weekend ?
Sal is requesting entertainment suggestions; not a rant about a conservation organization or members (owners) of RIA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcurve
We have discussed the access to Rattlesnake Island on previous posts and I find it very sad that there isn't public access, especially now that it has been brought to my attention that LRCT owns a significant parcel on the island. It is a shame that so many want to grab their piece of heaven and shut out everyone else.
If a nerve were touched, just start a new thread, or post to a previous thread, to vent the pain.

I would caution you that if you were upset by the little that were mentioned, you would be livid if you had a greater depth of knowledge regarding RI and the LRCT. The thread would take a path similar to the speed limit thread; not answer the real question of this thread, "what do YOU do and where do you go..."