View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 01:43 PM   #36
Grant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolbreeze View Post
It is almost like going back into a timewarp or time capsule. My imagination is running wild with all of the scenarios of theday that led to the fate of those people, the fear that must have been felt and how desolate the area was back then to try and find help not to mention the struggle to survive. Just think of the world events going on at that time, furthermore all the world events that occured from that fateful day to present. That car weathered them all in its watery grave. Great story!
It really is (or was, when I last saw it about three years ago) in remarkable shape. Senter Cove Guy found this 'wreck' through sheer determination (visibility in that part of the Lake typically STINKS). On more than one occasion I balked at looking for the car, insisting that there would be nothing left. So I felt rather foolish (and very happy for him) when he finally happened upon it.

There are others! In fact, another forum diver sent me some interesting clips about a car that went through Winni ice about 12 years before this car, so I bet there is still something there (they obviously didn't bother removing them, like today). We'll see!!

Last edited by Grant; 10-08-2008 at 01:45 PM. Reason: forgot something
Grant is offline   Reply With Quote