View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 08:12 PM   #109
XCR-700

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeLakes View Post
Sue, I see only one way to settle this. A good old fashioned wild west duel. Here's how it will work. At high noon ITD and XCR show up at the Meredith docks in their boat of choice. Ten forum members are on the dock with 1 to 10 flash cards to flash their scores. Each boater shows their skill at holding a spot, docking, leaving the dock, and obstacle avoidance. I'll be on my paddle board and when they least expect it I'll dart out from behind the dock into their path. Winning score wins the thread argument.
Please,,, And in reality thats counter to my point that such skills do not exist in the common boater.

If you are serious then lets get serious,,,

I propose Spitballs at 10 paces using the big plastic straws from Sawyers (non-biodegradable)

The first to grimace is the loser!

The loser must then stand at the end of a Meredith dock holding a sign with the opponents position for 15 minutes at high noon without a hat or sunglasses and no one can bring him water for the entire time!

The signs would read: Safe for Paddle Boarders OR Paddle Boarders Please Stay Back 20 feet

The battle would continue until someone loses, or either or both run out of spit.

In the event of a draw, the parties will paddle board blindfolded in front of the Meredith docks at their choice of zero feet or 20' distance until someone has an unsafe encounter with a boat, at which time a victor will be declared, or until such time as either party concedes the other is right; no buffer needed, or some buffer is safer.

Admission can be charged for spectators and donations accepted to fund an injured paddle boarder recovery trust.

All in favor of this plan can signify by clicking thanks for this singular post.

And with this I think we have said more than enough (I hope)
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote