View Single Post
Old 11-25-2020, 06:04 PM   #7
mowtorman

Default Bridge fishing

The old wooden bridge was a social happening especially after dinner in the 60's and 70's. There was a wide variety of hooks and lures hanging from the telephone wires. The sidewalk had an inner rail to keep people safe from traffic. All ages were on the bridge in the summer catching bass, perch and sunfish. I would ride my bike down from Far Echoes and head back before dark. Doesn't happen much now and I've thought that without the rail it is not as user friendly, plus no one wanders out to fish like they used to. Used to see a lot of small aluminum boats putting around the bridge fishing too. It's funny none of the serious fisherman wanted to catch bass mostly as kids we sat alone by the rocks and the buoys trying to get the "big one" with worms and a bobber . The real fishermen were working the middle of the lake from early morning downrigging for salmon and lake trout. The thought of a "bass boat" would have been far out....like "wake boats" and "personal watercraft". I had a 1969 Sea-Doo with rotax motor and Berkeley drive. They were abandoned because of poor sales.......I guess ahead of their time though not by much.
mowtorman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mowtorman For This Useful Post: