View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 07:43 AM   #283
dave603

Default Scott and Tis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott's Yott View Post
I'm sorry but i still dont get this whole thing....If everyone stopped working because they didnt like their boss, then I dont think many people would be working. And if they walked off the job then they should all get fired.
It's not so much that they don't like the boss, it's more that they are afraid the new bosses will destroy the business.

It's like what happened at Circuit City:
"In 2007, the starting wage for new employees was dropped from $8.75 an hour down to $7.40 an hour ($6.55 being the federal minimum wage at the time). In a press release on March 28, 2007, Circuit City announced that in a "wage management" decision in order to cut costs, it had laid off approximately 3400 better-paid associates and would re-staff the positions at the lower market-based salaries. Laid-off associates were provided severance and offered a chance to be re-hired after ten weeks at prevailing wages. The Washington Post reported interviews with management concerning the firings.

The Post later reported in May 2007 that the layoffs, and consequent loss of experienced sales staff, appeared to be "backfiring" and resulting in slower sales."

How many of those are still around?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuit_City