View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 06:08 PM   #211
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabascocat98 View Post
Corporate welfare is double personal welfare programs. So corporate greed is our problem. Let them pay their fair share.
I love that statement, let them pay their "fair share". Beautiful! Then don't you dare complain when that "fair share" is passed onto consumers in higher prices because it will.

Ya know people accused Hostess of "corporate greed" when they refused to make a deal with the unions because the unions were simply asking for more than the company could possibly hand out in benefits and wages and still maintain a viable company. In the end, union greed and employee greed put them out of business. It's that a wonderful story? Yes we need more of that please.

Finally "corporate welfare" as you call it is typically tax incentives, so a company pays less taxes on what it makes or gets a low interest loan to do something productive with it which I might add usually includes hiring people. I know a terrible idea isn't it! Should I also remind you that the US has the HIGHEST corporate income tax on the planet?!? Personal welfare, yeah great idea throw money at a problem that will never be solved, in fact it makes it worse.

Oh and you may want to look at more recent stats because that article that the link pointed to was a bit outdated sighting figures from 2006. Welfare spending is way up and isn't it ironic so are the number of people on the dole.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post: