Thread: Dock Damage
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 10:01 AM   #14
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
Solution mentioned would seem to do the trick. I have a setup up similar to yours. When installed they put a rebar into a boulder and used high density concrete. My hinge point sits on top of the block. If you get this back to position I would drill a hole as far as you could on either end and insert a rebar to hold into place.
Also it wasn't mentioned if you used side cables. When Raise-A-Dock install our dock(33'X6') he gave us a set of steel cables to connect the dock to trees that were on shore. I have a steel cable around the tree and have a adjustable thread piece with hooks on both ends, one for connect to tree, one for the cable coming from the dock. I tighten them as much as I can. Cable is about 1/3 back from the end of the dock and its about 45 degrees from dock to tree. This was a requirement for lifting our dock. I now see why. It would take some very strong winds for this dock to move. If you don't have these side cables I think it would solve your dock from moving.
Hope it all works out.

Dave M
I think what you’re describing (thread piece with hooks) is called a turnbuckle.
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote