View Single Post
Old 05-15-2020, 05:56 AM   #84
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

Yesterday was the quintessential New England spring day—I hope all my forum friends were able to get out and enjoy. As addressed throughout this thread, finding joy and appreciation in the little things will help get through this.

My family was up early. My two kids and I worked on the driveway, spreading and leveling 2 yards of rock. They were unbelievable workers, stopping only to hydrate. I teach them that work is good.

We then had lunch on the screen porch followed by our first family excursion with both Boatie Two and Jettie One. My wife captained B2 for her first time from uncovering/launching to navigating (I followed on J1, zipping around) to anchoring to beaching and tying up upon our return. She nailed it.

While my wife was anchored out in a quiet cove, preparing snacks, I took the kids to explore Moultonborough Bay.

After snacks, I devised a great way to tie up J1 to B2. I teach my kids to see solutions, not problems.

We returned around five, stopping at Ambrose Cove for overpriced fuel, and had a great steak dinner followed by a walk around camp and sunset.

When the temps started to drop, we retreated to camp, cuddled under oversized blankets and watched National Treasure 2 followed by reading (Doc).

If this is as good as it gets, it's pretty damned good.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post: