View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 12:38 PM   #88
Bigstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
I was disheartened to hear that Eastern Mountain Sports' parent company was shutting a bunch of stores--if my local shop, Nashua, closed I would've had to drive to Reading, MA to look at good outdoor gear. When I visited last week, I was told they were able to renegotiate their lease and would be staying open (yay!). At that same moment, I heard a gentleman declare proudly that he would "buy [a Thule rack] online and save 10%" after an EMS employee had spent a while making sure we everything would fit. Grrr...

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
I just did the same thing. Went to Sears to buy a TV I saw they had in stock. Got there and it was on display - perfect.

It was just what I wanted, so I went to buy it, but nobody was around. The appliance salesperson from across the way said there was nobody in electronics right now, and they could call the assistant manager as they were not able to sell me anything outside their department.

20 minutes later I left as I was on a lunch break. Went back that night and same story, nobody around to help. So I went home and bought it online somewhere else (thank you Amazon).

I tried twice so I don't feel bad at all. I am happy to save money and buy from Amazon, and no doubt at all Amazon has better customer service skills than any of the large B&Ms. I just wanted immediate gratification - hence B&M was the way to go. It just didn't work out to well.