View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 06:58 AM   #141
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts

I understand both sides of this debate. I know many young people in the investment business that buy homes all around the country just to rent out. To these people it's just an investment. All they care about is ROI at the end of the year. These are the kind of neighbors you don't want.

I have an acquaintance that rents a large waterfront home on Winni every year with 2 other families with teen age children. They have to rent something big because there is usually about 12 to 15 people staying there and at times they could have as many as 25. They pay big bucks, around 10K a week, and they are usually asked not to come back because of neighbor complaints. But they still seem to find a new place to rent every year. He told me there are quite a few places on the water that have been bought by groups of investers just looking to rent out.
This is the sad part of property value appreciation. You have a lot of people that are buying just as an investment. There is no pride of ownership with these purchases.

Last edited by Biggd; 03-15-2019 at 07:28 AM.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Biggd For This Useful Post: