View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 07:36 PM   #29
fatlazyless

Place a dead drowned red or grey squirrel out on the ice, say 20 yards off shore, and it's likely to be eaten by either crows or the eagle. Maybe after sitting out on the white ice for 30 minutes, it attracts big black crows that start in on all sharing the drowned squirrel, and then maybe the eagle will show up and scare them away. The crows see the eagle and it's 'goodbye lunch' for the crows. The eagle picks up the squirrel, and flys further out onto the ice, maybe one half mile off shore, and eats the squirrel all by itself.

With four large Pin Oak trees and their acorns, my tiny little lot is prime for squirrel-chipmunks. The chipmunks must be hibernating now. While chipmunks are a gentle little animal, the grey squirrels are tough, strong and very agile. The squirrels like to move into the fiberglass insulation beneath the floor in the crawl space so the old Hav-a-Heart trap & peanut butter is usually on full alert. This time of year, It works pretty good with the cheapest peanut butter for me and the birdies.

I suppose that crashing through the ice in an automobile would be similar to an Hav-a-Hearted squirrel's last wet dip. Looking at the squirrel's intact facial expression, drowning is a very unpleasant way to go, but at least it is quick.

Last edited by fatlazyless; 01-30-2008 at 08:44 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote