View Single Post
Old 02-05-2022, 09:17 PM   #48
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,147 Times in 894 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by searaylife View Post
Thanks

I would rather not say where, maybe they read this forum and didn't want it posted. I really am happy to have the slip. It is perfect for me. I am able to use the slip for the summer I don't have much use for it in the winter. �� It does not include winterizing if that is what you mean.

Thanks for pointing that out, I have no interest in a condo slip, buy it and keep paying fees, dealing with HOAs, their costs and all that fun.
I wouldn't be so quick to reject the idea of a condo slip. I had a slip at Mountain View for over 20 years. When I didn't need it anymore I rented it out because it was in a great location, out front between Mountain View and Silver Sands, backed up to the beach.

The taxes were in the $1,000 neighborhood and the condo fee was $2,000. $3,000 per year looks like a bargain now based on today's slip rental prices. And, no additional cost for winter storage was a part of that. Once you own a slip you will always have access to it if you choose to use it.

I had a 34 foot boat in it (37 OAL) with a 12.5 foot beam. At this time renting a slip for that would probably run somewhere above $8,000. In my opinion, if you plan on boating on the lake for the foreseeable future, and you can do it, owning a slip is well worth it.
TiltonBB is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post: