View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008, 10:50 AM   #253
VtSteve

I'm not the kind of boater that engages in risky behavior or floating cocktail parties. I'd prefer is there were rational responses and community support to protect boater's rights, and preserve the safety factor. Most of the outcry and support for additional enforcement surprisingly comes from The GF crowd and organizations that sponsor poker runs and the like. I know this will offend some, and amaze others, but it's true. They don't want the bad rep due to some idiots that never seem to get caught.

What I can't seem to adapt to is the new age of reactionaries that don't understand the realities of boating. They rarely mention funding and additional enforcement. The reasoning behind this is their image of sedate waterways filled with (painting old stereotype here) cutesy boaters that take their kayaks off their Volvo wagons to paddle around the middle of the lake. We have enough ignorant fruit and nutters here that try to prevent additional slip space because they can't imagine what a lake with boats would end up like.

This is Al Gore's new boat, I'm sure it's very green. He's laughing all the way to the bank.

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/gore-hi...new-houseboat/
Attached Images