View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 11:51 AM   #92
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

In reading the "evidence" that was provided, two things come to mind. First, overly dramatic, reminds me of these "as seen on TV" where unless you don't buy this new fangled 19.99 can opener a conventional can opener will guarantee you will wear the contents of the can. Oh and you get a two for one deal if you order in the next 10 minutes plus the added handling charge. After you buy it get it home and try it, well it's doesn't work as advertised and you just got screwed. The same goes for this NWZ everyone just got screwed for a overstated problem that may exist for several hours on a few weekends during two months of the year.

Second...my solution harsh as it may be. To the guy who supposedly wrecked his knee, learn how to walk on a rocking boat or don't get on a boat in the first place, same advice to the guy that hit his head on the windshield. It's a boat and waves happen. To the parents of the kid that nearly got "crushed" give them a ticket for child endangerment clearly they aren't paying attention to their little ones. How to fix the broken dock posts, dump the big boat and get one that's smaller. In fact if those complaining about boat wakes were that concerned they wouldn't buy big boats that are so large they break the docks they are tied to AND moreover are contributing the problem elsewhere by the wakes they make but that's OK so long as it's not in their front yard.

As astutely pointed out by one proponent, the problem as described did not exist so long as there was enforcement in the area. This is useless otherwise and I agree with others... the dominos will start falling elsewhere just a matter of time.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post: