View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 10:25 AM   #53
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default good days, bad days

Not my personal experience, but that of a very good friend.

He, his wife and another couple went out on the motorcycles about a month ago, and on their way home, stopped in Wolfeboro at the Inn to see how it was after the remodel and all. He said the food was mediocre, and the service was worse. He said he would have to hear some much better things before he would go back (BTW, he is not one that is difficult to please.)

Last week he was at a fundraising function there and there was pork loin and chicken on the menu. The one person at his table that got chicken was served about 20 minutes before the rest of the table got their pork dinners. He waited for everyone else to be served before he started eating, and of course by that time his meal was cold. My friend, his wife, and one other person at the table, when served their pork, found it very difficult to cut, and on closer inspection, found it was literally raw in the center, and had to send their meals back. Once cooked properly, it was ok, not great but ok...satisfactory. Then on to dessert, which was strawberry shortcake. The shortcake seemed to be drop biscuits, which is fine, except they were so hard, it was almost impossible to break them open to eat. Once served dessert, they were asked if they would like coffee, and again that took almost 20 minutes.

All in all, it was not a good experience, and he absolutely will not go back.

I told him about the positive comments overall of late, and he just shrugged his shoulders. Not one person at the table (I think he said there were nine) had a positive overall comment about the meal and service, and all said they would not go back to have dinner.

So, there must be good days, and there must be bad days.