View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 07:11 AM   #15
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Warrantee

To make it clear, One tire hit a sharp object in the road. There was visible damage on the tire that appears to be a large gash in the tread. The tire did not lose air, but close inspection shows the aramid fiber was damage.
I showed the dealer the tire, as I knew I had the comprehensive package for all 4 tires. This include road hazard coverage, free replacement first 6 months or 2/32 of tread. after this the warrantee is pro rated.

The tires were worn to about 40% tread left. Because the car was AWD, the dealer suggest that I cannot replace one tire as the new tread will effect the AWD. He decided to replace all 4 tires under the warrantee. (Later I found out that Nokian has a road hazard warrantee included with all new registered tires, on top of the VIP road hazard warrantee. Not sure which was used.)

2 was pro rated at 43% and 2 was pro rated at 29%. This was determine with a tread gauge. The discount was credited toward the purchase of the new tires. I paid for the installation, shop fees and tire disposal. So $137 was credited toward the new tires.

VIP includes with each tire:
Tire rotation
Flat repairs
Tire pressure checks
road hazard coverage
lifetime balancing
changeovers
All free for the life of the tire.

I'm sure to be competitive, all tire dealers have similar deals. I don't shop around for perks, just tire prices. After this experience I will.