View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 07:14 AM   #26
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by APS View Post
That "monster" is actually the growing number of "over-sized" boats. You may recall that ten years ago, I called for a doubling in registration fees—and doubling them again—for boats over 24-feet long.:
So, who gets to decide if there is such a thing as "over sized" for Winnipesaukee?

Who will determine what the maximum acceptable size is?

Why is it acceptable to financially penalize people who need enough room to stay overnight on their boat with their kids and want to enjoy Winnipesaukee?

Perhaps you may want to adjust to the times and raise your dock by a foot or so. The lake has changed from what it was 30 or 40 years ago and it will always be changing. It is predominantly a power boat lake with a very small percentage of sailboats. People who cannot accept the changes and think you should be able to kayak across the broads on the Fourth of July may be happier on a smaller lake that better fits with their needs and expectations.

I would not want to look out at the lake every day and have complaints about what I see. I enjoy seeing all of the different types and styles of boats go by.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post: