Thread: Route Question
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2016, 12:30 AM   #6
Greene's Basin Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R View Post
Route #2 will likely be bumpy until you get to Sandy Island, most days.

My advice is to modify route #1 and go around the south end of Bear Island, turn north, and go between 5 Mile and 6 Mile islands on your way to the Long Island bridge. That will avoid the most wind-driven chop and two crowded choke points. Not much boat traffic on that route either.

Once past the LI bridge, Passing through the 6-Pack and Graveyard is the easiest way to get to Moultonborough Bay. If you opt not to go through the 6-Pack and Graveyard, the route around the north side of Pistol Island is much shorter and pretty interesting, but can be challenging to navigate. You will not encounter much boat traffic either way though.

Once you are in Moultoborough Bay, you will need to visit Lee's Mill and Green's Basin, just for the fun of doing it. That area is like the Anti-Meredith Bay.
I would not suggest going on the north side of Pistol. I have had a number of friends hit rocks there. If you PM before you plan on heading up to Moultonborough I will meet you if I am around and you can follow me up. I have been on the lake in Moultonborough for over 63 years.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Greene's Basin Girl For This Useful Post: