View Single Post
Old 12-08-2023, 06:08 PM   #12
John Mercier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
I guess this is where we disagree. We have 150 years of data. How do you or anyone else know we are speeding it up. Yes, I've heard scientist say this and that, but the statistician in me knows that it is irresponsible to draw conclusions from such an incredibly small sample. I also heard what experts said about the virus and we all know how that turned out.

We know climate change exists because of what JayR noted. You are correct, we tax things we don't want and we subsidize things we do want. How has that worked so far? Car dealerships have lots of EVs that nobody wants. The wind and solar industries are a scam, spending billions (maybe trillions) of dollars with no meaningful impact on our energy supply. But, we vote in politicians who supposedly represent the will of the people. I guess we want high energy costs.

That said, it seems that the winters are milder than when I was a kid.
I am pretty sure that my commonsense tells me that if I burn something, I add heat to the atmosphere that would not be there had I not burnt something.

Pretty sure that my blacktop driveway is warmer than my clover field, and that field is warmer than my forested parcel.

Solar is about personal freedom from the corporate utilities... you may want to complain to the Free State Project.

I am sure the car companies can take care of themselves... and someone paying less income tax... well, I don't see that as a bad thing... even if I don't personally use that deduction.
John Mercier is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Mercier For This Useful Post: