Thread: Ice Skating
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2018, 02:52 AM   #11
fatlazyless

Default ...... big rough ice ahead ..... yikes!

Tried to go ice skating, yesterday afternoon, in my 16' Alumacraft, on the 200-yards of solid ice blocking the path out, out around Rock Island, Bear Island, and Lovejoy Sands-Shep Brown public boat launch. I must be losing my grip because I just could not bring myself to cruise fast down at the ice like an ice-breaker ..... picking at it with a heavy ice chopper told me it was just too thick.

What the Marine Patrol needs is a heavy, powerful ice-breaker to keep the transportation lanes open! It seems that all the construction barges have done their thing, and are wintering at the Lovejoy Sands town docks for the duration.

Holy smokes ...... can probably, hopefully, still go boat in the other direction over to Meredith Marina, or Thurston's, or Aqua Marina, or Flightcraft or somewhere today ......and hopefully not be doing any ice skating ..... to get my boat out of this lake. The Meredith town ramp at the big intersection is probably not doable due to too much ice, down in close there.

You know this here lake wasn't scheduled to freeze till January 5 - 10 ..... so what's up with the global warming? Should have done this, last Tuesday, when I was thinking about it .... it was a nice day.

Last edited by fatlazyless; 12-17-2018 at 03:23 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote