View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 04:01 PM   #24
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
After reading this thread, I am reminded of one thing... Everyone has their own opinion of how to best spend their money. The lake has always been a retreat from the normal day to day life. As with life how that retreating happens changes over time.

For the foreseeable future wake boats, and thus wake Surfing, and wake boarding are hear to stay..Yes it is causing some damage to the shoreline... But is that the worst problem the lake is facing... I don't think so... there are all kinds of issues facing the lake... Geese invasions, motorboats of all types and the polutents they all bring into the lake... Man, and the trash and crap he leaves behind... (ever wonder what happens to that sun screen you put on when you jump into the lake) etc. etc. etc.

Put all the pollutants together and we have the issue we are all so scared of, the declining of the water quality of this lake. Fixing the problem that are most annoying to us isn't going to fix the problem.. The problem is the lake is over used. And I am just as guilty of that, just like everyone else that use the lake.... How do we fix the problem? Well it isn't just about wake boats, or cruisers, or GFBL boats.... its about restricting everyone... and no one wants that... so slowly the lake will go down the road... that so many of us fear... It is what makes some of us consider finding some place new... Some place more remote.... But you know what, eventually modern society will catch up with that place too!!!!
Completely illogical and nihilistic--you say that the problem is number of people (lake is "overused"), so there's nothing that can be done. But if everyone cut their "footprint" in half in terms of wakes, noise, etc, then the lake could accommodate twice as many people with the same level of impact.
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote