View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 08:25 PM   #23
trackeer

Default Cobalt

As a long time boater on Lake Winni, and the current owner of a Cobalt as well,
I have boated the lake with boats as small as 18' not including our waverunners and as big as 38'.
Any boat can create a large wake, matter fact I've seen some of the Big Aft Cabins make wakes that I decided to avoid on my waverunner, yea I jump them occasionally.
First off Danny and company at Flightcraft are great folks, we bought our 25' Cobalt from Danny. We had the opportunity to go out from Meredith in a Wave making Cobalt, this is one cool boat, if I had the need I'd consider one.
Does it make a BIG wake, yep, is it any bigger than some moron in a Giant Carver or like with their tabs down making hay at 20MPH, I don't think so.
Simply it's a matter of common courtesy, run the wake boat in appropriate waters and do so at hours appropriate for loud tunes.
The lake is a playground, as it's advertised in the tourism guides, for those who own Water Front, you DO NOT own the water front, you own the land up to the water front.
We own in Pickerel Cove on the water, nice thing is the limited big lake access the sucky thing is limited big lake access, most folks who boat the lake do not own property at the lake, as we did until we sold out Sundancer.
There are big wakes in Paugus Bay, it's part of the lake happening, boating, spending money, supporting the local and state economy.
I agree that those who play on these wave makers need to follow the rules and show courtesy, last thing anyone wants is the lawmakers deciding time for more rules, limiting use or worse banning something folks enjoy.
As for East Coast FC, they bought a empty building in Meredith, remodeling it and bringing work to the area, fixing up the Pier, I congrat them on their endeavor, good job Danny and Company!!!!
trackeer is offline   Reply With Quote