View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 08:16 AM   #63
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont Resident View Post
Lake Snake
I was just told that with the passing of the new speed limit law all boating infractions are reported to the DMV but only in NH. So residents now accumulate points against their driving record while none residents retain a record of the violation which if they move to this state is then applied.
Not exactly sure how it works but I’m sure it’s not hard to check it out.
Hopefully this will curb repeat offenders.

As for the boat at bottom of this debate I was told it was not a Cigarette boat.
The problem with accumulating points in NH, is that eventually you can accumulate enough NH points for NH to revoke your driving privileges....Yes you can be excluded from driving in a particular state even if you don't have your license there.... However wait it only gets better... because when that happens a notice goes out to the state where you have your drivers license indicate that your right to operate a motor vehicle has been revoked, and your state may or may not chose do penalize you in some way, and of course then your insurance company hears about it.... There go your insurance rates..... All because of a few infractions on the lake....