View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 09:00 AM   #40
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont Resident View Post
These is exactly why ALL boating violations should be handled the same way as driving violations and go against ones driving record.
You get one warning so no one can say they were unaware, and then the points go against your license.
There are way too many boaters who have enough money that they can keep repeating their offences, paying the fine and moving on with no accountability for their actions.
If boating violations racked up points on your driving record then it would hit repeat offenders where it hurts. This could translate to increased insurance rates across the board for all their toys as well as possible loss of license.
I do believe with the recently passed law the infraction do go on ones driving record.... However two comments on this.... If you are not a NH licensed driver I am not sure how this will transfer back to your home state... And I wonder how this will hold up if someone ends up with enough boating infractions to lose their privilege to drive an automobile in NH....