View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 08:15 AM   #64
chipj29

Default You cannot be serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second View Post
Who was reassured by any of the explanations above?
This is "making stuff up". IMHO
You now admit your story was bogus.
Yes, of course it is making stuff up. I said that most of my story was ficticious. Obviously you think that I am *GASP* lying. But I am not. I am merely providing an example. I am still trying to get my head around the fact that you believe that having alcohol in ones vehicle should be illegal.

Oh BTW, at the end of this post I will reveal which part of my story was true.

How can you truthfully defend any level of alcohol abuse from a blood test that you now admit was never taken?
Uh what? In the first post I said that blood tests confirmed that I was not drinking. Where was the alcohol abuse? I had alcohol in my car. I never drank any before I crashed.

They are not similar at all: the realities of ejection and drowning within seconds make BWI far more serious. Night-rescue—especially of multiple unconscious victims—is problematical.

Excess speed doesn't improve the chances of survival at night, even when 45-MPH—through the darkness—appears "Reasonable and Prudent" to a Captain.
Again, does the manner in which I died really matter? If I hit a telephone pole in my car at 45 MPH head on, chances of my survival are slim. If I hit a dock at 45 MPH in my boat, my chances of survival are thin.
And does time of day really matter? Either way I will need help from rescue people, and obviously it is harder to work in the dark than it is in the day time. But again, that has nothing to do with my post.

1) Boating fatalities (and BWI) nearly always occur on water.
2) Roadway fatalities (and DWI) nearly always occur on land.
Wow, that is quite an astute observation. But what does that have to do with anything? What does that have to do with the fact that I had alcohol in my car, but was not drinking?
3) Intoxicated boaters appear as a huge factor in New Hampshire's blaring headlines of manslaughters—even when the defendants are "gotten-off" on those charges.
Now this I can agree with. The root cause of both the Blizzard and Littlefield accidents would certainly appear to be directly related to intoxication. Thank you for making my point.
4) Those headlines should prompt SBONH to support a "no open containers" law for boat Captains—but we're not holding our breaths.
Why don't those headlines prompt WinnFLABS to support a "no open containers" law? No, I won't hold my breath either.
5) After one sip of alcohol, who would trust any boater's judgment while using their "personal-best" Reason and Prudence.
One sip of alcohol affects a persons judgement? Oh, OK. I would love to see the facts on that one. I won't hold my breath though.
Oh, and BTW APS, when I said that most of my story was ficticious, I was being sincere. Most of my story really is ficticious.
This is what really happened:

I was driving home from work and stopped at the store and bought some beer. I made it home safely and drank some of the beer that I bought. Then, I read some of your posts on here and I had the sudden urge to drink more.