View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 03:31 PM   #57
jbolty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail Goer View Post
So I can gage what you consider to be an under used asset vs quality used asset, answer these questions: what is leading you to believe it's an under used asset? what would need to be done differently to make it a useful asset? Let's go north for comparison, do you think the line the Conway Scenic operates on (also a state owned rail line), is an under used asset?
I have no ax to grind against the railroad and it's kind of a nice attraction but I think public property should be used for the benefit the greatest number of people. The train goes back and forth a couple times per day and for the other 20 hours nothing uses it. If people staying in Meredith or Weirs could walk or bike or shuttle back and forth some way without a car it would benefit both and could be four seasons. With most of the lake front being private it would be great to have a path along the water and maybe there are a couple of leases given out for a snack bar along the way. I know it's not going to happen any time soon , if ever, but just seems like such a better use of the right of way. Not to mention there are hardly any roads in the area with a shoulder safe enough to walk or bike on and we can all use more exercise.
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jbolty For This Useful Post: