Thread: Car won't start
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2021, 06:39 PM   #23
SailinAway

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Best bet it to trade the car for a newer used car with a manual 5-speed, and always be sure to park it on a slight hill so's you can start as I mentioned above when the battery goes dead by rolling downhill and letting the clutch out slowly in second gear!
Sir, you always crack me up. I haven't yet figured out if you have bats in your belfry, but I have fun trying to decipher you.

Update: Got the battery tested at AutoZone. It was fine and charged to 79%, which I expected as it was only on the charger for 3 hours. The alternator passed too. The date on the (Walmart) battery was Feb 2019, so 2 yrs 8 mos. I decided to replace it for peace of mind and got the Duralast Gold for the convenience of having AutoZone install it.

Obviously something was drawing power from the battery. At least if it happens again I'll know it's not the battery.

Two things I recommend people carry in their vehicle emergency kit: a battery charger with power cord, and a bicycle floor pump. Those two items have saved me many a time. Few people know that you can inflate a car tire with a bicycle pump.

FLL, in fact I'm in the market for a Kia Soul, blue or red, around 2018. Very hard to find.
SailinAway is offline   Reply With Quote