View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 11:44 AM   #5
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
I agree that you need to carefully screen anything you get from China, not just masks, but let’s not exaggerate things to much.

COVID is rarely transmitted through “packages”. So let’s not start making falsehoods of infected Chinese workers sending out infected masks. That’s just flat out wrong in so many ways. Even if infected COVID would not survive that long.

COVID is primarily transmitted through air borne particles.

Like wise masks stop the spread TWO ways. They help protect you from inhaling particles that are suspended around you. That’s actually pretty hard to do without a really good mask. More importantly they reduce how much an infected person spews out. That is much easier to “reduce”. To completely eliminate it, is quite hard. A lot of testing that’s done is filling a space with something and seeing how much can get past the mask. So even cheap crappy masks probably reduce how much gets spewed out. Because 99% masks out there are not tight fitting. And even a good mask can be used poorly.

Here is some more info on it.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/coronavir...n-overview#2-6
Sorry you read something into my post that was not there, I never said COVID infected, I said infected.

I have read reports were workers in foreign plants making masks that were intended to be sold to the US, were identified as having various communicable diseases. Some shipments have been caught and destroyed, but given the volume being shipped and the all the places making them, it is not possible to stop them all.

Will the viruses/bacteria survive from the plant to the US to the end user, no clue, but its not worth the chance.

Overall my bigger concern is the unregulated materials and chemicals they can be made from and exposed to.

Most people dont realize how many items shipped from overseas are treated to prevent bugs and rats from eating them, and we then use/wear/bandage ourselves with things coated in chemicals not intended to be in contact with humans.

Least we not forget it was China that was well documented for putting plastic powder in baby formula that killed countless thousands of their own infants!

Then there was dissolved newspaper/cardboard dissolved with acid to make inexpensive filler for pork buns sold to tourists. People quickly forgot about that one because one TV reporter made a fake video of it because it was easier than catching people in the act. So we somehow forgot it was a real thing being practiced widely. Funny how one falsified event can help cover up a huge scandal.

Point being, A - no exaggeration by me, an accidental over read by you, and B - beware any foreign products and especially from 3rd world countries and countries where we are not on the best terms with.

And not to derail this subject, but take a moment to look up the total BS going on with "virgin" olive oil. Again, beware what you think you are being sold,,, AND DONT buy or use masks from china or other 3rd world counties and be careful of even the ones that say made in America, you may end up worse off than not using a mask at all.
Sponsored Links