View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 11:16 AM   #12
ishoot308

Thanked 4,943 Times in 1,918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hancoveguy View Post
Okay, this is what i was looking for. Dan, please elaborate on dish network at the lake. Cost, ease of use, channel selection (dont need much), installation and internet...
Any of the above would be greatly appreciated,
thank you in advance
HCG
Well first off forget about Dish for internet, I only use them for TV.

Since I have Dish at my home in Chester I simply use a separate satellite box and auxilliary dish at my camp on Welch. It's a $5.00 per month charge for the box but this allows me to have full TV access at both homes under one account and one charge. I do not remember how much the dish was but it was cheap. As far as price goes, it all depends on on which package you choose. You can get 60 channels for $34.00 per month or if your a TV fanatic the everything pack and I do mean everything for $104.00

The two real big things I like about Dish is...

#1 They don't constantly raise their prices every 6 months like cable. I am only aware of one price increase in the last 5 years.

#2 The picture quality is second to none. I have all big screen plasmas and LCD's and really enjoy watching the discovery channel in high definition as well as live sporting events. Having had cable previously I can tell you there is no comparison in picture quality.

Just my opinion;

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ishoot308 For This Useful Post: