View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 06:43 AM   #14
LovelyToSeeYou

Default Leaving other restaurants aside the Village Kitchen

Is now more expensive and less crowded but you get less food which has been a problem now for me for the past two years. The turkey is less and when I asked they said they weigh the portions but they must set the weight for less then they did. There was a time when I would take out meals perhaps three times a week. Now I go once in a while with a neighbor or a guest etc. I went with a group this summer for a lunch and for a breakfast. Both were adequate but more expensive then one would expect for what we ordered. I took grandchildren there for another outing one evening as they love the chicken parm and discovered the now only one piece of chicken instead of two. I went with neighbors twice for dinner and had swordfish which was very good. NONE OF THESE TIMES WAS THERE MUCH OF A CROWD AND ALL OF US WERE COMMENTING ON THE LINE THAT USED TO BE OUT THE DOOR AND NOW ONE JUST WALKS IN AT DINNER AROUND SIX. One time I went with a neighbor couple for the pork and arrived around six thirty and the pork was gone??? I do not know what to tell you. It used to be my favorite restaurant and now I think it has changed. Do you go there often?