View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 01:29 PM   #7
Sandyisl

Default Yes exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie Cougar View Post
Sandyisl, that’s a terrible story!. I’m so sorry you had to go through that.

In November, I had gone up to Baltimore because my granddaughter was getting an award at the Renaissance Hotel in the city on a Friday. On Thursday I ate something that I shouldn’t. I got food poisoning so bad that I started throwing up on Friday, so during the awards ceremony I’m in the bathroom the whole time. I was sick all day Friday and all day Saturday and I had to fly back on Sunday and I was throwing up in the car on the way to the airport. I couldn’t even imagine having to get on the plane because I had thrown my back out as well and I was in such pain.

My daughter called ahead and got a wheelchair for me. I was really embarrassed that I had to use this and it reminded me of something that Sue Doe-Nym said.
She asked the question if most of the people in wheelchairs going to Florida were just doing it as a scam to get on the plane first. When I first read this I thought there was no way that people would be doing that. So as I found myself sitting in the wheelchair and I looked at the two others before me, and we were going to Florida, I felt they all did deserve to be in a wheelchair.
However, when we were pushed down to the baggage claim to get our luggage the one woman jumped out of her chair, immediately ran to grab her luggage first and she had two really big bags that she had no problem lifting and swinging over her shoulder. I stared in shock as she sprinted out the door!
Sandyisl, I think one of the problems is that there are too many people taking advantage of the system. Maybe that’s what happened to you. Maybe they thought you were faking it, because obviously they know that many people are. Such a shame!
YES
This hits on some more of the "without going into much detail". There certainly were people abusing wheel chair privileges if thats what you want to call it and priority boarding. There were also for too many "emotional support" dogs. Ok. I love dogs, and as far as im concerned every dog is an emotional support dog. But do you really have the balls to walk your chiauhua on my heels in the jetway while watching me struggle with my bags and cane for priority boarding for those that need assistance or additional time?
I can go on.
Maybe this gives you insight as to what happened to me at TSA in Boston.
I got an infection about 9 months ago that was very aggressive and eventually put me in a coma, hooked up, for somewhere around 2 weeks (as I was told).
ICU to hospital back to ICU back to hospital then to physical rehab hospital. Home care outpatient PT. etc permanent life long injury.
The humility of my entire experience in the hospital did not effect me as badly as humility I faced from TSA at Logan airport.
Sandyisl is offline   Reply With Quote