View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 06:32 AM   #46
VtSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Islander View Post
Tell me Steve, is the air getting thin up on that high horse of yours? So now I am a threat to our nation and have no regard for anyone else. I could be insulted but I'm not. Your words just prove that you don't know me.

If you get out of Vermont and come to the lake this summer I will take you for a ride and show you Bear Island.

Yes, perhaps too strong. Let me put it this way. My boat is only 22'. It would indeed be wonderful for me if everyone else had a boat the same size, or smaller. In a perfect world, everything would revolve around me and my wants and visions of what is perfect.

But it doesn't BI.

As I've stated in the past, you and I agree on a lot of things, far more than we disagree on in fact. I guess my feeling on this issue is similar to Hazelnut's on the BP NWZ. While he thought it would benefit him personally, he didn't think it was a good idea for the other boaters, nor the lake. While you and I may want a calm lake free of cruiser wakes, I really don;t think it's up to you or me to decide how people lawfully use the lake.

Analogy: We have so many large sailboats in my harbor here, sometimes I can't get out of the bay. These boats are all at least 6' to 8' larger than mine, many much larger than that. They clog up the bay, run reckless routes together that tie up channel traffic. But, they are one of the most practical boats to use over here. Perfect lake for sailing. And, they are a beautiful site. I learn to co-exist, even with the bonehead sailors

Love to meet you BI, I've been on Bear many times, probably since I was around 7 years old or so. Haven't been on it for years. It's a great island.
The Following User Says Thank You to VtSteve For This Useful Post: