Thread: Lavinia's
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 05:56 PM   #55
Alton Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Weiss View Post
So, how did i demean anyone? Again, i never critiqued any products, skills, service etc. I was merely trying to correct a misuse of "Executive Chef".

How am i harming the rep of other businesses?
I didn't serve their customer. I didnt ignore their customer. That was, that establishments problem. If their patron chose to leave and come here, post a negative review about another establishment, and say they came here a received better, how am i in the wrong?
How did you demean someone? You did not make a statement about titles, you specifically commented on a competitors qualifications

"the "Chef" is a recent culinary grad... he is nowhere near Executive Chef status or level... "
" ive earned the right to be called Executive Chef, the newbie is a Chef Di Partie with a bit of education."

If you had good intentions, you would have simply started an informational post describing the various titles of a culinary team. Do you personally KNOW the qualifications and experience of Mr. McGuff? Did you need to use him as an example to make your point?

As far as harming the reputation of competitors is concerned, how would you feel if the owners of each restaurant in the area thanked a poster with negative comments on your restaurant? It's petty and unprofessional.

Quit while you are ahead. A simple apology and a claim of responsibility for your lack of judgement or good intentions would have taken you far.
Alton Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alton Lady For This Useful Post: