View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 07:29 AM   #44
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatto Nero View Post
Ok, some ride like morons. Agreed. But by doing what you are suggesting you are just playing that same game of chicken with them instead of taking the high road and just moving over. What does that make you?
Just to clarify, I'm not suggesting to get in their path, only to not give them any extra room. Make it clear to them that you will pass within inches, that's all. They always move, even though they don't NEED to. Simply drive as though a pedestrian is on your right and you can't move over, there might be one there...

To clarify some more: This odd behavior of riding on the wrong side of the center line is VERY dangerous. It's obviously dangerous to the person doing it and the oncoming traffic, but it's also dangerous to anyone else in the area where it happens. Pedestrians, cyclists, the operators behind the offending biker, the operator beside the offending biker, and the operators behind the car that moves over to give the offending biker room to be a moron, are all put at risk by this behavior.

That center line should be sacred to all, it is to me. I'm very careful to not cross it, regardless of what I am operating. For instance, I don't use a towed boat as an excuse to drive poorly, rather, I see it as a reason to operate with extra precision and care. I wish more people would.

My actions effectively discourage dangerous behavior simply by putting my car/bike/boat precisely where it's EXPECTED to be. I'd like to think it makes me thoughtful.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote