View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 05:47 AM   #7
jeffk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky's View Post
that fishing derby should be eliminated all together. if you saw all the trash left behind and the dump truck loads of crap left behind after the derby its a disgrace to our beautiful area. its awful what some people do with no respect to our enviornment.
If I'm not mistaken, this was discussed in the forum after the Derby and most organizers of such events, and the Derby, make significant efforts to clean up after the event. They are aware of the problem and working even harder to deal with it.

Part of the problem is that people, some there BEFORE the Derby and remaining on the lake long after the event, continue to make a mess and then just walk away from it.

I know this is a post complaining about too many and too high fees but here's another case where perhaps a fee should be assessed to all bob houses or even added to the fishing license and then use the money to pay to go around and clean up at the end of the season?

I'm a snowmobiler but not a fisherman. My registration fees pay for trail maintenance and grooming (with the help of LOTS of volunteer efforts!). It's a cost of the sport. When there is a snowmobile accident, F&G (and others) has to manage it. It seems fair to me that the groups that want to participate in the activity have to pay for it. It also helps them understand the TRUE cost of their sport. I guess it would be really slick to put the snowmobile trail costs on someone else's charge card. (Would that be considered Identity Theft?)

Someone always has to pay. There is no free lunch. The alternative is to build a massive state budget to pay for everything. New Hampshire, out of necessity due to its limited tax structure, so far resists that. I think that's smart considering the number of states that opened up their spending and are now massively in debt.
jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote