Old 10-14-2015, 07:22 AM   #22
mcdude

Thanked 1,041 Times in 489 Posts
Default Same Issue in Barnstead

Sept 23 - Suncook Valley News

Quote:
Letter To The Editor>>
Way to go Barnstead!>>

Give up any idea of Barnstead being a charming New England town. We can look forward to The Dollar Store; a chain corporate store that sells cheap stuff much of which is produced in China. Walk right in to an overwhelming, overstocking abundance of Stuff that lacks quality in form or function. And expect it to break in a short period of time and then throw it away to our ever accumulating mass of plastic garbage that is polluting the earth.>>

We’ve lost the Barnstead Country Store. We thankfully still have Duane’s Family Farm and Market and Salty Dog Pottery on the main road, Rt 28. Both of these businesses are producing locally grown and handcrafted products along with a charming presentation of beautiful gardens and attractive old buildings. There are other unique places in our town on side roads that offer hand made, homegrown, locally produced items.>>

Why… I ask why would Barnstead allow a chain like the Dollar Store? What happened to American made? What happened to locally produced?>>

I am so disappointed in our planning board.

Teresa Taylor>>
Resident of Barnstead since 1973