View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 12:55 PM   #9
NH.Solar

Default Wood & Clay

I have worked with Wood and Clay on two projects over the last year and can't say enough good about both the quality and design of their workmanship, the way they work with their contractors, and especially the amazing talent of their on-site job boss Lee Cram to coordinate a bunch of self centered sub-contractors (me included).
Sub-contractors usually just want to get in, get their work done as best and as quickly as possible, and move onto the next job. I've worked on a few sites where this could lead to not only delays but also disharmony amongst the contractors. Never fun, and a house built under those conditions can't possibly be perfect nor will it have the type of harmonious "soul" that can make a simple building project immediately feel like a home. Lee has the ability to balance all of the contractors individual desires and create an atmosphere where they enjoy working together rather than in conflict. Given the choice I would rather have my home built with love and care and W&C would always be at the top of that list ...and for you, they're right in the neighborhood.
A second nearby recommendation for you based on my experience would be Caleb Johnson in Center Harbor. Caleb's operation is much smaller and he doesn't have a website that I know of, but I have been through a few homes that he built and the workmanship is like W&C's, absolutely exquisite.
Finally I did a project in Franconia two years ago where I witnessed a home that was for me the most beautiful Adirondack design I had ever seen. The designer/builder was Simon Baker. Would he venture down to the far side of the Lakes region? I don't know, but at this point in your planning I would certainly suggest reaching out to him.
Lot's of great builders around, but as has been well mentioned above, you will need to be patient to get your best result ...it will be worth the wait