View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 05:03 AM   #22
ApS

Exclamation "Excitement" Can Be Found Nearby...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
I'm a car guy and always will be but I went to one race when the track was booming and sold out many years ago and I would never go back. I thought it was boring and after so many laps you can't tell who are the leaders unless you have it on radio because you can't hear a dam thing. I've been offered free tickets and it's just not for me. I would rather go to a small local short track and watch junkers race.
There may be more car excitement happening soon in the Speedway's parking lot!

Scheduled for July 29th is the Tire Rack Teen Street Survival School. Sponsored by the White Mountain Chapter of the national BMW Club. Their banner:

"Teens have an 89.2% chance of being involved in a crash during the first three years of driving."

Registration is normally closed by a month in advance of such schools, but here's what the Club's BMW Foundation says:

"Saturday July 29th, 2017 8:00am - 5:00pm
Tire Rack Street Survival School
Do you want to make your teen a safer and smarter driver? This BMW Foundation sponsored event helps licensed drivers 21 years old and under learn skills beyond plain old Drivers Ed. Held in the parking lot at New Hampshire Motor Speedway New Hampshire Motor Speedway
(details)
(directions)
COST: $75"

("Tire Rack" is based in Ohio, and was well known 30 years ago, when BMW Driver's Schools caught on—accelerating the loss of interest in a "500-lap parade". Bring any car to their schools, but check their local restrictions on convertibles).

* Club Motorsport event scheduled for October.