View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 09:00 AM   #58
NoRegrets

Thanks for the reply Lakegeezer. I am not trying to be depressing nor do I consider myself to be a pessimistic person. I responded to FLL’s off the cuff celebration dance. If my response sounded depressing it is because we as a country are in a very poor position at this current time in history. Unemployment and the devaluation of our assets on the world market really SUCK!

Issues need to get to a tipping point before action is planned and executed. I do believe we can address issues and fix problems. When you stated “…the grass wasn’t greener from where we came from – now what?” You are so right to point out that things were good in previous administrations. I now believe we have hit the tipping point and we are going to finally get back to fundamentals and start to address real issues.

We live in a society where politicians run the country and have effectively grown the government to a point where it is now taking so much away from the producers that many are taking note. We have allowed regulations to be ignored causing a world wide financial crisis. We have to shoulder the blame. Shame on us if we don’t insure it can’t happen again. I have been in contact with my rep and 2 senators as have many others with suggestions and they are indicating that they are working hard to “fix” problems. We will have to wait to see what they really do.

To get back to the SL issue - the politics seem to have been manipulated and the SL (IMO) was a sugar pill trying to cure a different “bonehead” problem.

Thanks for your reply. I take responsibility for what I write.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NoRegrets For This Useful Post: