View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 06:28 AM   #120
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeboardMom View Post
We love your place, Chef Brown! I put the pedal to the metal tonight on Route 104 and pulled into your parking lot at 7:54. At 7:55 my husband was about to walk up the ramp when a very polite teenage girl told him that the restaurant was closed.

As I walked up behind him, and asked, "What's up?" he said, "This young lady says they're closed." I replied, "It's only 7:55...?" She then said, "We'll, do you know what you want?" We looked at each other thinking that we'd like to go inside and look at the board. My husband answered, "Something to eat?" she then asked "Something from the grill?" we just looked at each other and shrugged.

"I'm so sorry, we're closed. I am very sorry, but we're closed."

Maybe because of the party tomorrow...? But I'm surprised...you guys are generally more accommodating than that; and truly it was 7:55. We thought we'd be all set.

It wasn't a ton of money, but Pat's got our $30 this time.

We will definitely try harder next time.
Wakeboardmom:

If a restaurant says it closes at 8:00 that is typically when the last customer leaves. If they served you at 7:55 you probably wouldn't have been out of there until 8:30. I can understand their position.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote