View Single Post
Old 05-14-2020, 10:04 AM   #81
Susie Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by map View Post
Ironically we chose the NH community we moved to for the social opportunities it offered. We lived in the woods all our lives with no neighbors but because we both worked full time dealing with the public it was a welcome retreat. But we knew when we retired it would not be a good lifestyle to age into with limited social contact so here we are.

Thankfully we have met some nice people here but, of course, the social activities are not happening.

Really I am ok. I have come to terms with a certain level of acceptance of this whole situation. After all, we have no control over it. Let go and let God. I do believe (spiritually) there is a reason for everything. Life is what happens when you are making other plans, as they say.

I just want you to know that I have my good days and bad days too. I have been totally isolated since the end of February, and I finally decided that it was safe to let my son come and visit me on my lanai outside 25 feet away. I had the umbrella set up a couple of days early and put some chairs over there for him. And then Mother’s Day came and it decided to rain. Luckily, my son sucked it up, and sat under the umbrella in the pool to stay dry. LOL. Sometimes I feel like I have the worst luck of anyone.

I am a breast cancer survivor. I grew my own organic vegetables starting back in the 70s and always lived a healthy lifestyle. I was shocked that in my 50s I was diagnosed with cancer that was caused by some toxins in my environment.
I have also had a meltdown post on here. It seems like I have worked so hard in the last 15 + years to get stronger, I’ve also had to gain 35 pounds because of osteoporosis drugs that made me so sick I was not able to keep anything down. It seems like all I’m trying to do is recover from something. At my age, my mother was so healthy compared to me.
The thought of my children and grandchildren coming to visit me often was a thing that kept me motivated. Of course, this has all changed and my grandchildren who are in Baltimore have not been able to come at all.

As hard as it is for me to believe, I’m going to be 70 on May 26. My daughter and her family as well as my youngest son were all going to drag me over to Disney World So we could have a week just hanging out together and ordering room service by the pool. They were going to go to Disney and then I would rest until the next day. Nothing to look forward to now.
The only thing that gets me through is that I have a beautiful home with a beautiful pool and I have property that I can go out and enjoy.

You mentioned you moved from an area where you had lots of land and it sounds to me like you may be missing that as well. When I first moved here, I chose another development that had a community pool and tennis courts and a big meeting room where they had all kinds of activities for all the residents to do. I thought I wanted that lifestyle, but I was wrong.

I need to have my own space and be able to do my own thing. Have you asked yourself if part of the problem is you chose the wrong place to live? If you had some property and your husband could go out and shoot in his backyard, would that improve your situation? You don’t have to be stuck with a wrong decision.
We don’t all consider this to be just like the flu. Many of us are taking it very seriously.
The Following User Says Thank You to Susie Cougar For This Useful Post: