View Single Post
Old 05-03-2020, 04:49 AM   #22
JEEPONLY
Deceased Member

Default Glad you've made some peace with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckntruck View Post
I’m not really interested in a lawsuit. In reality I just want them to take the boat back so I can move on and forget this mistake. Given that they won’t, looks like I’ll simply be selling the boat once it gets here, take the loss and never deal with sea ray again.

They already know they’ve lost my future business. I’ll just make sure to share my story with anybody I hear thinking about a sea ray. Give them a cautionary tale I guess.
I sold boats, in the Lakes Region, for eight years. There were a few times when I was amazed at the lengths/seemingly expense manufacturers would go to, to NOT replace boats that were totally f'd up.

We had a customer (mid-50s) with kids finally out of the house. He drove a tracker-trailer across country and his wife was one of the nicest people you ever could meet. They bought their "dream boat"! No, I wasn't involved in the sale.

After two years of wrestling, they got a minimal buyback ( from a very high- profile name manufacturer), and never looked back.

I bumped in to the wife, about ten years later. I recognized her right away, and she recognized me. Life does have some grace! We hugged! Her husband had passed away, and she still lamented about the abuse they suffered at the hands of the business.

Again, glad you've made peace wit this- you are, by far, better off doing this!