View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 01:18 PM   #15
TheCaptain

Sorry to hear that. I had a similar experience, but with a 2019 Sea Ray 190 SPX (also purchased new). I acknowledge it's considered an "entry level" boat but I still feel it was lacking in quality.

On delivery day, the shifter was near impossible to move back and forth. After a couple new shift cables were installed, the tach and all other gauges stopped working. Only gauge that worked was the speedometer. There were multiple snaps that pulled out from the fiberglass, as well as the screws holding the plungers to the engine hatch. After about 50 or so hours the boat wouldn't start. Service said it was a ground wire not properly secured to the engine, causing some sort of fault in the circuit.

I have to say though, the dealer offered to and was very accommodating in fixing all the issues above. There's only so much time you're willing to lose on the water while the boat is in service, and I didn't "trust" the boat anymore. The boat was traded for a Monterey this spring so we'll see how that does.

The point being that Sea Ray definitely has that brand reputation established, but they'd better be careful - word can travel fast.