View Single Post
Old 12-20-2018, 02:02 PM   #59
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
I've lived full time in Long Bay for 10 years and prior to that in South Down part time for 7 years. I am against renting in Long Bay, especially on a weekly basis. My feeling is that if you can't afford a second home without renting on a weekly basis, you shouldn't own. Historically, renting was allowed to enable those who can't afford a second home to afford one. However, now that South Down and Long Bay are nearly fully developed, that need does not exist. There seems to be an ample amount of people who can afford second homes. Weekly rentals should not be allowed in a residential environment.

My wife and I use the Long Bay beach often, and we can definitely tell who are renters. 75% are decent and nice, and the remaining 25% are somewhat obnoxious. I would prefer not having to put up with the 25% at all.

My experience with the Long Bay and South Down rules and regulations have been minimal. I don't think they over manage, but we have a tendency to stay in our lane.

I completely disagree on many levels. First of all I was a board member on a sub HOA in Long Beach for 10 years and without a doubt they overregulate you on many issues from small building issues to paint colors to nonsense about golf carts etc. etc. as far as renting goes, It’s my house and as long as my tenants abide by the rules of the HOA’s then there’s no reason why I shouldn’t be able to have short term tenant. I don’t believe the boards have a right to tell me I can and cannot rent again as long as the tenants stay within the regulations and rules if they violate the rules fine there should be some type of penalty for the owner which I have no problem with

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to joey2665 For This Useful Post: