View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 05:51 AM   #90
Belmont Resident

Default agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBozo View Post
I think what BR was suggesting is that the thing that dealerships have in their favor, (to make money), is the opportunity to LYE. The can do it at will.. and the average consumer has no clew IF what the dealer is saying is true or not. The consumer is a Fish in the sea. NB
Lying is never a good thing yet dealerships have become very proficient at doing it and making it seems like it is all just in a days work.
I believe that Coastal Laker is seeing this first hand in her dealings with Irwins and Hyundai.
I did a little research and found that as soon as there is a dispute the Dealer wants nothing to do with the customer and refers them to the car/truck manufacturer stating it is no longer our problem. So the customer is left dealing with a person on the other side of a phone call and all personal contact has dissolved.
That is what they don’t tell you when you buy a vehicle.

NB one time my wife brought a vehicle into the dealer for service and told them that she thought the headlights were out of adjustment. At pickup she was told they took care of the problem. A month later I returned and complained about the headlights not being adjusted properly. At pickup I was told yes they were way out of adjustment and that they had in fact adjusted them them. They were in fact much better. So she was just brushed off and lied to by the service dept.