View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 12:19 PM   #99
Billy Bob

"Maybe it is me but shouldn't the owner at this point be saying we are going to build at any cost if nothing else based upon emotion? Plus, the Woodshed has had such a following for so many years if the restaurant were recreated I am almost certain that following would return if for no other reason out of curiosity. I hope this story has a good ending "
Actually the recent history of the place disputes your statement. The current owners did pick this up at a foreclosure sale for a rather attractive price. Had it previously been doing well would it have been in foreclosure ? the previous management had also been on the no additional liquor list with the state , not a great indication of financial success. The loyal clientele is ageing and not being replaced by younger regulars , just wasn't a hip place.
I think Oulette has it right , its a out of the way location and the draw was the building . Emotional business people don't make it , financially realistic business people make it. But I'm sure the current owners would look at your offer if you want to give the place a try and buy the lot .
Billy Bob is offline   Reply With Quote