View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 12:27 PM   #13
Thundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R View Post
Take advantage of all those days you can get, in no time those kids will be grown up and doing their own things. Our favorite family vacations were on the lake, but those days are long gone now... Don't get me wrong, we are still having a great time boating (and will be back on Winnipesaukee for sure next year since we bought a pair of 3 person Sea Doos and a trailer), but boating is completely different with grown kids.
You are so right and I know that it is coming as I remember when I started not wanting to go to places with my parents and being free to do whatever it is I wanted to do, well before even having a license or motor vehicle to drive.

At 8 and 10 years old, our times together are more than 1/2 way over and I cherish all the time we get to spend together as it sure is all flying by.

I'm going to miss all the times we have had and all the times we have not had yet and certainly once they do grow up, boating will never be the same and not even close.

I'm going to be looking forward to the first heat waves for next summer as the heat waves were when it was the most perfect time to be up there and on the water.
Thundra is offline   Reply With Quote