Thread: Drone Question
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 12:49 PM   #2
garysanfran

Default A general question about drones...

I was in a gold rush era town in the Sierras recently and saw a drone hovering, and I assume videoing, the main street. I thought "How cool" but then thought, you do it once, do you have a desire to fly the same route and video it again? Or does the novelty wear off fast? Seems a year ago there was a drone mania that appears to have cooled especially now that there are so many restrictions on flying them.

I recently saw a drone hovering outside my kitchen window in SF. To satisfy my curiosity I called my local PD to find out what their position is on this and was surprised at how serious this officer took this. He wanted (almost demanded) I tell him who was flying it and said they take this very, very (two verys!!) seriously. I knew which neighbor it was and had a private conversation with him and told the officer if it happens again, I would divulge the name. Hasn't happened again.

I have thought seriously of getting one, but changed my mind after realizing how quickly I think the initial fun would fade. I know there are drone owners who frequent The Winni Forum and would like to hear about their current enthusiasm level...Still there? Or has it faded? Where do you fly them?
garysanfran is offline   Reply With Quote