View Single Post
Old 05-29-2021, 04:55 PM   #188
CK5 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
This is a great story, and I'm sure your daughter is terrific. But she is not working for minimum wage, she's working for minimum wage plus tips.

The minimum wage rules do not apply to people who earn tips. So when we're talking about the minimum wage going to $10/hour, we're talking about folks who work as untipped employees, such as cooks and dishwashers.

As I'm sure some of our restaurant pros have seen, waiters and waitresses have done pretty well over the years with income. Every time the price of meals goes up, their tips go up. But kitchen staff, who do not earn tips, have seen their earning power decline.
Point is make yourself more valuable, no matter what the position, no matter what the job. Im sure there are plenty of people in the waitstaff position that make minimum tips. People that walk in off the street with zero experience and a chip on their shoulders because they dont get offered a 6 figure salary are dillusional and a product of the "everyone deserves a trophy" generation...its the parents and in some cases lack of parenting that have caused these issues...prove me wrong...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CK5 Truck For This Useful Post: