View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 06:32 AM   #43
chipj29

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Kahuna View Post
I hate to be the one to to tell you this but only about .005% of the boaters on this lake even know there was a bill being passed concerning a speed limit. I find it amazing myself but that is the reality, I was recently surrounded at Braun Bay by hundreds of boaters, the Marine Patrol came to enforce the rafting rules. Of the hundreds of boats there, only a small percentaged knew what rafting was? I had people coming up to me and asking me what was the deal with the Marine Partol, I had to tell about 25 to 30 people what was going on, that boats needed to be 25ft from each other, and if two boats were tied together, it needed to be 50ft. I then had to explain that three boats tied together was illegal. I happened to mention the speed limit to these people and they didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Only a hand full of the boaters I know even know about the speed limit, and of those boaters none of them will be leaving the lake any time soon. They like myself have been on this lake for 15 to 20 years and would not dream of leaving. If you want to know why boats are not going in the water and what type of boats, go over to Mt. View and see all of the big cabin cruisers sitting on blocks, not GLBL,s. Of the groups of people I spoke with this weekend, many have been boating two years or less and to them the world of boating on Winni is great with no rules to worry about. Just a waste of time supporting or not supporting a speed limit because life and boating with go on with or without it.
Kahuna, did you mention that the speed limit is not in effect until 1/1/09?